Tasty Homemade Pancakes
Although these aren't recommended for every day - they can be great to start the day on a special occasion.
The addition of fresh fruit and berries turns this into a healthier meal.
By changing from white to wholemeal or buckwheat flour, you can make this recipe fairly low GI.
Here's will be the recipe:-
- 4oz (125g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ pint (280ml) of fresh semi-skimmed milk
- Mix together until smooth.
- Add drop of olive oil to frying pan and heat.
- Drop in large spoonfuls - cook three small pancakes at a time. Serve hot.
Serve with fresh fruit - sliced bananas, chopped apples, sliced kiwi or a drizzle of greek honey.